5/20/2005

travelling

In less than two hours we have to leave for the airport. We're going to visit my mother for her birthday. This trip was planned long ago, before we knew we would be moving next week. I'm not looking forward to the trip, but at the moment I'm so sleep-deprived that I'm trying to think of the plane ride as a chance to rest.

We had to take the dogs to the boarding kennel yesterday afternoon -- it was very strange to be in the house last night without them, very sad. But it does mean that my stress about leaving them, and my ability to cope with their anxiety, was separated from our stress about packing, getting to the airport, etc. We're trying a different kennel this time, one that was highly recommended. I have a good feeling about the staff there -- they seemed very understanding of our younger dog's nervousness. So we'll see how it goes. We started giving her Rescue Remedy beforehand on our vet's recommendation and it seemed to be really helping. And the kennel staff already were familiar with it! so that really made me feel better about this place. So often any mention of holistic dog care just meets a blank look.

Now I just have to prepare to see my mother. But at least I'm not packing up her house, as I was last year. (Just mentally getting ready to pack up my own.)

Don't know if I'll be able to blog at all over the weekend -- have a good one everybody!