12/01/2004

blog post, hold the content

Not much to say. Today or yesterday, for that matter.

I'm getting better, but I still have a horrendous cough that has forced me to leave my class, leave several meetings, etc, to have a coughing fit out in the hallway where I won't be as disruptive. And yes, I have cough drops. And I'm taking dextromethorphan, which is the cough suppressant ingredient found in most cough syrups -- you can now get it by itself OTC in little caplets, which is helpful. But I'm still coughing, the dry tickle-your-throat kind now. Which brings me back to being hunched over in the hallway coughing. Yuck. Dextromethorphan kind of makes me feel a little weird, though not exactly an adverse reaction. (It is a mild hallucinogenic, though supposedly not at low recommended doses. Kids in my high school used to suck down bottles of Robitussin for fun. Super gross.)

And, as of this morning, my partner is coming down with the virus herself. So she's cranky and coughing.

Luckily, tomorrow is my last class day!