This is the time of year when we celebrate Mud Festival. We are especially happy this year because our big golden retriever friend L is also staying with our pack for a week. Mud Festival is better with friends!
First, you have to check and make sure if your yard has enough good-quality mud. Our yard produces excellent mud, as you'll see in the picture.
Here are some tips on how to enjoy it:
- if you jump into a big puddle of water, it will make a great splash! Puddles dry up first, so get in there early!
- we like to play "chase the puppy" through the mud, because slipping and sliding is fun!
- if your toys are covered in mud, pick them up and shake them -- you'll get a nice spattering of mud everywhere!
- mud wrestling was invented by dogs before people went and commercialized it-- reclaim your heritage!
- if you can sneak back into the house without Mama hearing you, you can get mud on the floor and couch, too!