10/29/2004

my brain needed some down time

Well, Profgrrrl had declared Friday to be a writing day. Without declaring or really even planning it, my Friday turned out to be Sleeping Day. I slept for 12 1/2 hours (waking up only briefly to let the dogs out & decide I was too tired for morning yoga class) , and probably would have just kept on going if the dogs hadn't woken me up because of thunder. And it was really deep sleep, too, with long, complicated, but not upsetting, dreams (which I don't usually have (or remember)).

So then I made some food & talked to my best friend for 2 hours on the phone -- we usually talk at least once a week, but work & family schedules have interfered so we've been out of touch for a long time.

Now, although I'm ready for a nap, I'm going to walk the dogs first. Maybe watch a movie. And then sleep some more. Guess that's what I needed.