4/04/2005

Monday Monday

The conference was really successful, I think -- both for my department/institution, and for me personally. My paper was well received, and I actually enjoyed some of the events far more than I had expected to.

But now I really wish I could have my weekend, since it was spent with the conference. I took yesterday afternoon totally off from work -- only checked my mail once, and didn't spend any time at the computer for the rest of the day. The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy with several projects coinciding (or colliding). So yesterday was a nice day (good weather, and my gf had the day off as well) -- but today's been tough. I'm tired & cranky, my house is a mess, there are piles of laundry etc that have to fit into the weekday routine. I'm not yet adequately prepared for my teaching this week (and as we all know, I can't just try to wing it again like I did last Thursday.) Most irritating or painful: I got really pumped up about my research over the weekend -- but right now I need to take care of grading, and writing some assignments, and the paperwork to get reimbursed for some expenses, etc. Blech. I've been riding an adrenaline high for a couple of weeks and I guess the crash is coming. (not sure I'm all the way at the bottom yet...)