1/06/2006

Tryday

Today is the beginning of Super Clean Up weekend at our house. My study is in a Frightful State, so bad that I have been finding myself procrastinating on even going near the stacks of stuff I have to weed through, recycle, shred, and file.

via Lisa I saw Jennifer Crusie's picture of her workspace, which was mildly cheering. Though if you're an incredibly popular bestselling novelist it really doesn't matter if your office is a mess, now does it?

But it inspired me to my own bit of public humiliation. This is my study right now:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which includes the horrifying mess that is the desk:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and large amounts of paper crap that can probably be gotten rid of but all needs sorting through:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tasks for today:
  • deposit check at bank
  • answer work emails
  • pay bills
  • clear the work surfaces in the study: books to shelves, papers in crate for temporary holding, random items where they belong
  • sweep the floor
  • rearrange the furniture (one of the many things I don't like about my workspace)
  • go through stack of mail and shred/file/recycle as appropriate
  • 20 minutes of sorting and filing of the work surface papers
  • take dogs to park
  • yoga class!