1/11/2005

the last few days

My U doesn't start until next Tues (after MLK) , surprisingly late this year. Which I'm certainly not complaining about. Since most of my blog buddies (you know who you are, I'm too tired to bother linking) are already teaching, I feel grateful that I still have a few more days to tweak my syllabi and get organized. But I also have two other projects I'm focusing on this week, as I cling to the remaining flexibility of the "break." I'm feeling a bit distracted, tugged in different directions. I should try and remember that I never, ever, write my syllabi much ahead of time. Usually 1 or 2 days tops. I'm trying to get them done early this term, but if that doesn't happen, it'll be OK. I can sneak to campus on the weekend and photocopy my handouts.

If I didn't know so many people who were already starting back, I could maintain my "break" mode a little longer. Maybe. The hallways at school yesterday were not exactly full of colleagues, but all who were there were bemoaning the end of the break.

Blech. It's only Tuesday, right? I still have some time left.