11/13/2004

elliptical posting

Now that the weather is turning colder, our house is occasionally visited by various outdoor creatures (insects, reptiles, mammals) who are seeking warm shelter. There is one here with me in my study, but I can't remove him/her without doing it harm. (Or myself, since it would involve a ladder etc). I can't be more specific about my visitor without revealing key facts about my geographic location. All I can do is type at the computer and hope that my visitor finds his way out soon. The back door is open a bit so the dogs can go in and out. I'm assuming that's how he/she got in.

While I typed the first paragraph, he/she disappeared from view. But is probably still in the room somewhere.

The visitor is not dangerous in any way. Or threatening, or disgusting. So I'm happy to share my warm room for a while.