4/17/2004

our monthly $

thanks to Bag and Baggage I found this explanation of the recent news that Netflix subscriptions are going up in price. We were sad to get that news --though as loyal netflix customers, I don't think it's really going to change anything. We might have to drop to the 5-at-a-time instead of our current allotment of 8. We also have tried Greencine -- it's sort of like the Working Assets of movie rentals: good-hearted, lefty-friendly -- but too expensive for the truly bohemian budget.

Netflix is one of the best inventions of the past couple of years. Drastically improved the quality of my life. Right up there with the Swiffer . So I'm willing to spend the extra few dollars to keep Netflix going I guess. Though the article suggests that the problem is partly a factor of success / increased size. How big might be too big?