- The messy state of our house. (And more specifically the grungy state of the bathroom, which I know would only take me 30 minutes to deal with but I just haven't found those 30 minutes lying around anywhere.)
- The fact that I didn't make it to yoga or the gym today, even though I wanted to. I did, however, walk with the dogs for almost 2 hours (two separate walks) and mowed the yard.
- The patchy scrubbiness of our grass in front, the gaping expanse of dirt in the back yard, and the twiggy remains of two small bushes (plants?) that died last summer. I have never pretended to be somebody who knows anything about outdoor plants or who even cares about them. If it were really our house we'd zeroscape it if I got to pick. (We're renters so every month I feel yard shame when Landlord comes by for the check.)
- The fact that Sudoku is my new best friend for Faculty Council meetings.
- My underpreparedness for tomorrow, and the next day.
- Having only done one of my book orders so far for next term.
- The fact that despite my overloaded work state, I have managed to watch one TV show every night this week. (We taped Invasion tonight, and are working our way thru a DVD of Veronica Mars, which we'd never seen on real TV.)
- My boring blog.
- The breakout on my chin.
- The fact that it is 1 in the morning and I still have work to do. And what am I doing? See #8.
I'm going to follow Dr Crazy's example and start forgiving myself things during this End of Semester (EOS):
Posted by Mel at 12:57 AM